|Small Tyranid creatures that soak up ranged fire and disrupt enemy lines to protect more important creatures. Cannot be suppressed while under synapse. Gain enhancements from Tier 2/3 upgrades.||Data version: 3.19|
Rippers (Minoris omniphagea in High Gothic) are a small, maggot-like species of Tyranids originally derived from Ork genetic material that serve as the primary means of devouring bio-mass from a planet for a Tyranid Hive Fleet. They are the most numerous of the Tyranid creatures, and in great swarms they can pull down and consume creatures many times their own size. However, they are completely mindless and will perish if they lose a synaptic link with the Hive Mind.
- Deployed through a global ability or by a Carnifex
- Cannot reinforce and level up
- Immune to suppression if under a synapse effect
- Attacks slow down enemy infantry
- +25% health and damage with the Tier 2 upgrade
- +56.25% health and damage with the Tier 3 upgrade